If you’re still on a hunt for your favourite vegan breakfast recipe, even after trying out the hearty homemade vegan granola and the scrumptious banana bread, let me just tell you… This just might be THE one.
They take no time to whip up, taste delicious and leave you feeling full, satisfied and energised. They’re a super healthy alternative to the more traditional pancakes. I just love how filling they are, but don’t cause a “food coma”. They’ve been a weekend breakfast staple of ours. Bananas and oats are something we always have laying around, so it’s a great way to transform those into a great breakfast! (If you’re vegan or trying to eat more plant-based, stock up on oats and bananas – they’re incredibly versatile.)
These fluffy pancakes are oil free, vegan and can easily be made gluten free as well. How is it possible to make pancakes with 3 ingredients only, especially without eggs and milk? Great question!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups oat flour (sub gluten free oats if gluten free)
*to make oat flour just process oats in a blender or a food processor
- 2 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk of choice)
- 2 spotty bananas (this ensures they’re ripe and sweet)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar, raw sugar or 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- ½ cup of: chocolate chips, blueberries, crushed nuts, etc.
- Fresh fruit: bananas, blueberries, strawberries etc. (or frozen)
- Maple syrup
- Nut butters
- Seeds or nuts
- Desiccated coconut (lemme just drool)